Sunday, November 29, 2009
My first blog post
Well, I'm setting this up as I procrastinate writing my final paper of the semester. It's Thanksgiving weekend, and I guess I've relaxed just a little too much. I was looking at author Theresa Williams' blog posts and was inspired to create this one. She inspired me so much when I attended The Sun's workshop on personal writing in Big Sur this past October. She held a workshop called "the dark night of the soul" in which we explored writing about our own personal "dark nights of the soul". I guess tonight is one of mine! Seriously, though, I really need to get going on writing this paper for my art history seminar, but all I want to do is play and be creative. I suppose I'll use this blog as a journal, at first, but eventually I hope to post some poems, stories, photos and artwork as I go along. I should get going now that I've indulged myself this much. Until later then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carla, good luck with your blog! I hope it takes you to wonderful flights of the imagination and also to the hard places you find yourself in this life. I've found that the key to keeping a blog is to be free with it, to let it go where it wants to go. Don't be afraid to completely change it up sometimes. Go wild. It also helps to have readers and to get comments, but I practically forbade anybody to comment on my entries for almost a year. That's because the public nature of the blog was keeping me from being free. I use my blog as a way to generate raw material for writing, to talk about writing, and to keep track of what I'm doing (or not doing) with my creative life. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Theresa! I had no idea anyone could see this yet, how embarrassing! I guess I need to attend to the settings more carefully...I do like the idea of this place being kind of "private" at first, so that I can really turn inward. That was my original intention.
ReplyDeleteAgain, thank you!