Sunday, September 12, 2010

Starting A Writing Journal

My friend Theresa suggested I start keeping a journal of my experience during my MFA program.  I think it's an excellent idea.  I've started a private blog where I plan to write mainly about writing and the writing process.  I've already made my first entry and it is very long.  I guess I had a lot to write about!  I already keep a hand-written journal in which I record the petty things about every-day life which drive me crazy.  I have been keeping it for over a year now, and I write 3 pages by hand each morning before work.  It helps keeps me sane and helps me to stay focused as I follow my path and keeps me grounded as I let out my frustrations, fears, desires, etc....   I'm thinking the private blog about writing will do the same to help me with my writing.  That's the key, I think - keeping those two journals separate.  I was confused about how to go about a writing journal in the past, since every time I had attempted one in the past, the every day, petty, life shit got in the way, and it wasn't about the writing anymore.  This way, the Life journal will be about Life, and the Writing journal (a typed journal vs. hand-written) will be about writing and only writing.  I love it!  So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment